Friday, June 25, 2010

Drab Friday...

Casual Fridays are one thing… but dull Fridays? I can’t stand those.

We all have them. Those boring Fridays were we can’t help but try to find a little excitement in our day. Sometimes no matter how hard we try there’s just no fun to be found, however. Today was one of those days.

So, I decided to make my own excitement. Hmmm… I wonder what little prank I could pull to bring laughs to the office without making it a big deal.

After all, it was late in the day, and I didn’t really have time to pull anything elaborate. Instead, I thought back to my best friend, who is undoubtedly his office’s prank king. He always said that a prank doesn’t have to be grand to get a good laugh. Any moment that livens up the afternoon and breaks up the monotony can be considered a success.

With that thought in mind, I waited until a couple of guys at the cubicles across from my office went down to get their late afternoon coffee fix.

I made quick work of darting into each cube, popping out a couple of keyboard keys, and rearranging them before moving onto the next. By the time the boys came back up from their java run, I was back at my desk, peering over my computer screen.

My radio was on, so they couldn’t exactly hear my chuckles as they looked at their screens, confused as to why things looked funny, and then took turns blaming each other for the stunt before they finally figured out it was me.

No, it didn’t exactly make today a fantastic day all around… but we all got a good laugh out of it, and the rest of the afternoon didn’t seem nearly as tedious.

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment