Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gorilla Glue

I was surfing the web on my free time last week when I saw the one of the most hilarious office pranks I’ve seen in a long time. Now I’ve been known to play a few pranks, but it’s been a while seen I’ve seen one this good. It was beautifully executed: Some people took the belongings off of their coworker’s desk and super glued everything to the ceiling. The only things left behind were the desk and chair. While it gave me a chuckle, I eventually forgot about it.

That is, until this past weekend, when I was out shopping and stumbled across something called “Gorilla Glue”. According to the bottle, this stuff is made to stick anything together. Anything, huh?

I had a sudden vision of my friend Alex’s office turned completely topsey turvey. He and I have adjoining suites, and it’s a bit of a competition between the two of us to see who can out-prank the other. It was at that exact moment that my wicked idea was hatched. From the beginning I knew that this was going to be no ordinary prank. First things first—I went and sought permission from the boss. (The prank war may be cool, but I wasn’t about to bank my career on it!)Luckily for me, he thought it was hilarious and immediately gave me the green light.

So Tuesday morning, I set out extra early, armed with two bottles of this super powerful Gorilla Glue. Before I started, I took a picture of his desk so that I could properly recreate his desk upside down. When I began to glue the objects to the ceiling, I had forgotten that I needed to hold them down for a few seconds, which in return made me cut it close.

As I was walking back to my desk Alex passed me in the hall. (It wasn’t until then that I realized how close I had actually cut it!)

It took about 30 seconds before the whole office heard “What THE…”

The look on his face when I made it back to his door was priceless. Even better was watching him try and remove the contents of his desk from where they were neatly glued to his office ceiling! Note that this gorilla glue is not made to be taken off. So... with his stuff came the paint.

They have yet to fix his ceiling. What Alex does have is a new office nickname to go with the look- “Patches”

No comments:

Post a Comment