Saturday, April 17, 2010

Revenge is Sweet

So after the little April Fool’s Day prank orchestrated by my darling pal Alex, I knew that I had to cook up a little revenge. But I had to wait a bit, because everyone would be expecting me to try and pull something, and every prankster knows it’s essential to strike when it’s least expected. Besides all of that, it’s been ridiculously busy these past couple of weeks and no one (not even the veterans among us) have had time to dedicate to the office war.

But we hit a lull at the end of last week, and I was able to concoct the perfect comeback plan. I figured since Alex decided to use the phone to get to me at the beginning of the month, I would use the same weapon in my plot for revenge. But forget silly prank calls and take a message ploys. Oh no… I had something much darker in mind.

About 4-5 shades darker, to be exact.

A quick trip to the drugstore on Tuesday after work meant that I could pick up a small bottle of spray on self tanner. You know; the kind that works over the course of a few days? Hehehe…

Wednesday morning, I set my plan into action. Before Alex came in for the day, I sprayed his phone receiver’s earpiece with a light coating of the tanner. When he left his desk for lunch, I reapplied… And when he set off for a late afternoon meeting, I added just a hint more.

I repeated the whole process on Thursday. By Friday morning, his right ear was definitely darker than his left. And by the time we were ready to go home for the weekend, the whole floor was buzzing about the look of his over-baked and slightly orange lobe.

I believe that’s another point for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment